Friday 26 July 2013

Youth Day Toronto 2013 @YDToronto #YDTO

On Sunday July 21st, I was a blogger at Youth Day 2013. What is Youth Day? It is an event. It is held at Yonge-Dundas Square in downtown Toronto. It is a full day of entertainment and it gives Toronto's youth, mostly between 14 and 29, an opportunity to perform and show their talents in music, dance, art, photography or fashion. It also let's the city have a little fun. Yonge Street gets closed off for vendors and its a full day of celebrating the positive energy of Toronto's youth. Juan Mendez is the producer of Youth Day 2013.

YOUTH DAY was founded in 2005 by Tylaine Duggan after the coined “Summer of the Gun” to provide youth a free platform to showcase their talents and positive achievements; in turn engaging them to find their individual passion in art, music and dance so as to create a focus for a bright future. It is enabled solely by Corporate Champions, supporting City branches, insightful media, passionate volunteers – and the eager artists. As described by returning participants year after year – “YD | T.O is not just a day; it is life changing…” taken from the youth site. http://www.yd-toronto.com/About.html

Youth Day was great. There were so many great performers. I met so many new friends, enjoyed good food, saw art, fashions, and I took some great pictures too. I met amazing artists like @JacobEwanuik @SophiaEwanuik  @Hoodzdg @TheRealrezzi  @janefrfinch and @CStewartsings I even found out about some really great causes when I checked out the vendor section.
That's @TheRealRizzi posing with me and the Keys Kimberlite Enterprises Youth Singers. Thank you for the CD The RealRizzi  
Me and @rflkyle from Relay for Life
@JanefrFinch Latoya Jane and her son. :)

 Amnesty International

@TimLocal79

Silly faces with @SophiaEwaniuk and @JacobEwaniuk
Hanging with superstar @Farahri and making even more silly faces. It's a silly faces kind of day. :)

@ThisGirlTiff rockin the stage!

Those were just some of my pictures. Check back soon I will be uploading all of the pictures to my facebook
www.facebook.com/itsbrookesworld
I will post the link here.

In the meantime.... Check out my videoblog of Youth Day 2013! I hope you like it.

Thank you Juan Mendez and Tylaine Duggan for supporting me as a blogger. See you next year :) oxoxo
Peace out!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment